Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Surviving

My mom is a survivor
or so I've heard it said.
But I can hear her crying
when all others are in bed.
I watch her lay awake at night,
and go to hold her hand.

She doesn't know I'm with her
to help her understand.
But like the sands upon a beach
that never wash away...
I watch over my surviving mom
who thinks of me each day.

She wears a smile for others,
a smile of disguise.
But through Heaven's open door,
I see tears flowing from her eyes.
My mom tries to cope with my death,
to keep my memory alive.
But anyone who knows her
knows it's her way to survive.



started a blog awhile back thinking I could share my journey as a grieving Mother and possibly help others.  After writing for sometime I began to doubt myself in every way imaginable.  Little did I know my blog was helping me more than others.  For the past few months I have felt broken more than ever and it’s time to silence those thoughts.  I am so excited to begin blogging again.  I still pray I can help even just one person through my journey; but if that one person is me, I’ll be happy with that too!!!!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment