Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A Sister Just Like You

The big day has come... the day Leighton gets her first dancing shoes!  This little girl has literally been waking up and the first words out of her mouth have been asking if today is the day she gets to go to dancing.  It is still two weeks away till her first actual class, but today was the next best thing in her eyes.  We got to go to the studio and try on shoes, look at pretty leotards and skirts and find out our class schedule.  The icing on the cake was walking in and seeing her run into Aunt Brooksie's ( my little sister to me all my life ) arms with excitement.  She has been waiting to go to her dancing school as she calls it.  I am surprised I didn't let the tears fall that I was holding back.  It was beyond a proud moment to see my daughter filled with so much joy to be there with her.  I can not wait for the years of dancing memories they make.  I can only pray Leighton finds the love in her heart for dance  as much as her Aunt Brooksie has.  I do not think there could be anyone that could be a better role model for her, because all though she has always been younger than me she has always been a role model to me.


A Sister Just Like You

I just want to let you know
You mean the world to me
Only a heart as dear as yours
Would give so unselfishly

The many things you've done
All the times that you were there
Help me know deep down inside
How much you really care

Even though I may not say
I appreciate all you do
Richly blessed is how I feel
Having a sister just like you

I Love You Brooksie

No comments:

Post a Comment