Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Missing Mardi Gras Already

Missing Mardi Gras already!!!  Lots of people give Carnival Season a bad reputation because the assume it is all about drinking and nothing else.  And yes there is more than likely drinking going on but if you look around there is also a lot of families enjoying a fun day together.  We had such a great day with Maw Maw and friends.  There is a safe way to spend Mardi Gras too.  Letting the kids run around and be outside with tons of parades and good music does something for the soul.  Each year that passes I enjoy the celebration even more as I see something new in my kids as they grow older.  Nothing beats seeing the smiles on their faces and the light in their eyes when the see their Papa, Pepa and Daddy up their on the floats.  And then when they get to go through what they caught the excitement starts all over.  I was so proud to watch them share their loot with their friends this year.  Leighton for sure has the love of Mardi Gras in her blood naturally, my girl never got off the rail and waved and hollered for beads until the last float was out of site.  I mostly enjoyed hearing her giggle as her and I kept running along the path to keep up with Pepa and Daddy's float trying to catch more beads.  And by far the sweetest moment was seeing Leighton and Jean Paul wave with their little hands and blow kisses to the men the love so much!  Nothing beats good ole fashioned Mardi Gras Day with your friends and family in my eyes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment