Sunday, January 28, 2018

Another Perfect Weekend At Maw Maw’s



When Pepa and Daddy are out of town there is only one thing to do...... slumber party at Maw Maw’s all weekend long!!!!  There is nothing better than being at my Mom’s house with my babies.  We had a very productive weekend with lots of laughs, snuggles and memories made! 

Friday night included:
- Leighton & Daddy keeping a huge secret about running away to Maw Maw's without us knowing
(it was beyond precious seeing Leighton bursting at the seams to keep her secret in that she truly believed Mommy had no idea about)
- Pizza party with Daddy before he headed out of town
- Movie and snuggle time


 Saturday included:
- Haircut for Jean Paul
Tux fitting for Jean Paul
- Cookie making for Pepa’s birthday dinner when he gets home
- Play do time
- Coloring, games and toys galore
- Leighton tackled some of her Flower Girl duties for the up coming wedding
- Bubble Bath
- Mock practice for Flower Girl & Ring Bearer (which worried me more once the practiced)
- More movie time but this time with popcorn
- And basically Maw Maw saying yes to there every desire





Sunday included:
- Blueberry muffins
- Frozen on repeat allllllll day long
- Shoe shopping for Leighton & Maw Maw
- Barbies, Barbies, Barbies
- Constant entertainment from Jean Paul
- Pepa’s homecoming with souvenirs galore
(and nothing tops souvenirs when they are Mardi Gras themed)
- A new toy Pepa found at the Science Museum that they thought was way cooler than anything Mom ever gets them
- Dance performance and silly time






The whole weekend was filled with smiles and hugs which to me are the best kinds of weekends! My kids are normal kids with tons of energy and the need to push our buttons sometimes, but overall this weekend I was reminded of how good they truly are too!  Yes Jean Paul did not receive a great grade for haircut and tux fitting but those are a work in progress.  I still can’t figure out why he is completely terrified of having his hair cut?  So anything after that was my fault for pushing him especially with the bad weather we had.  But we survived and made it back to Maw Maw’s where he recovered with her spoiling him lol!  But Leighton & Jean Paul played amazing together and behaved so good I was beyond proud.  Manners were used and they proved to me that you don’t always have to be going somewhere in order to have fun.  Just being together is enough to make some of the best memories!  I know as the years pass by these weekends will be different as they grow up and want to be with their friends more than me, and that Maw Maw & Pepa will "grow up" too but I pray they always remember weekends like this one.  The ones where pajamas all day long are a must, kisses count as payment for things you ask for at Maw Maw's house and most of all that Mommy is way calmer and cooler at Maw Maw & Pepa's too!  Something about being home can't be beat.  Yes I am almost 40 and still want/need my parents by my side every step of the way and you can call me crazy, but I would not change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment