Friday, July 28, 2017

Built With Love


Watching Jean Paul & Leighton play with this toy makes my heart so happy!  My Great Grandfather "Paw Paw Charlie or Paw Paw Great" built this toy in his small shop years ago.  It's a simple wooden toy with marbles.  No fancy buttons, no shiny colors or music just a simple wooden toy with 5 plain marbles.  But it will keep their attention for hours!!!!  I remember when he built it, I was almost sad because I wanted more than anything to have kids to meet him before he left us.  Although, I never was able to do that I know in my heart he is with them all the time.  Especially when they are playing with this toy!!!  I was blessed to have him in my life for many many years!

  I got to: 
-share my birthdate with him
-dance with him at my wedding
-spend every single Christmas Eve with him
-watch him pressure Brent about when he was gonna propose
-listen to him speak of my Great Grandmother in a way men don't speak of wives these days
-eat his home made Italian sausage
-laugh when he couldn't hold his tongue and spoke whatever he was thinking
-watch people try to figure out what he was saying when he was mad and every other word was a curse word
-giggle at the nicknames he had for every single person in our family (which is a lot)
-hear him sing Frank Sinatra like no one else was listening
-be stunned when he would stay out dancing on New Years Eve later than me some years
-honor him by giving his name sake "Vincent" to Jean Paul as a middle name
-remember him with the millions of pictures and memories we have as a family

I love you Paw Paw Great!  I pray that you are proud of me daily!  In my dreams you and Maw Maw Musso are dancing on the clouds in heaven with Braxton in your arms. 
Love,
Lil Wong


No comments:

Post a Comment