Friday, July 14, 2017

She Went


Well today was a big day!  My baby girl is growing up and spreading her wings.  She is having her very first weekend getaway..... WITHOUT MOMMY!  Of course she has slept at Maw Maw & Pepa's (my parents) and her Mimi & Poppa's (Brent's parents) houses.  But those are in Louisiana, this time she is in Texas.  yes all the way in Texas, which as I know is only one state away but that doesn't make me feel any bit better.  Not even a tiny bit better.  This time she is at her Poorain & Ney Ney's house (my brother & soon to be sister in law).  They have been asking for a long long time for her to come for a weekend and the time has finally come.  Brent and I have never been comfortable with it till now only because of the distance away..  And as I headed down I-10 this afternoon to meet Renee half way I started questioning myself and trying to figure out why I said yes.  I know in my heart she is going to be well taken care of and have a great time but then why was it so hard to drive away?  Literally, for the last two weeks every single moment Leighton's eyes were open she has been asking if today was the day she was going to get to go to Texas?  Don't know why it has been sticking in her mind so much lately, but it's all she can think of for sure.  

- as we sat their waiting for Ney Ney to pull up I quickly started thinking maybe she will change her mind but -- she went 
- even though her face looked like it was going to hurt because she was smiling so hard when it was time to switch cars I still thought just maybe she will back out but -- she went
- as I buckled her in she said "mommy you can come with us if you want"  and my heart skipped a beat and I thought this was where she would start to get sad but -- she went
- as I watched them drive away and her little hand wave from the back seat I waited for their car to stop abruptly because she wasn't sure but -- she went
- and as I pretended to pull off but secretly went to the other side of the parking lot to wait for them to come back but -- she went
- and while I sat their sobbing because she never flinched or even remotely questioned if she wanted to go I asked myself why I was trying to hold her back and realized even though I wanted her to stay with me but -- she went
- and the moment I got the first pic of them already at the park sliding down the slide and having a dance party in the living room to Disney songs I sighed and told myself even though it's hard I know deep in my heart I'm glad -- SHE WENT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment