Sunday, July 16, 2017

What Seed Am I

18 'So pay attention to the parable of the sower.
19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom without understanding, the Evil One comes and carries off what was sown in his heart: this is the seed sown on the edge of the path.
20 The seed sown on patches of rock is someone who hears the word and welcomes it at once with joy.
21 But such a person has no root deep down and does not last; should some trial come, or some persecution on account of the word, at once he falls away.
22 The seed sown in thorns is someone who hears the word, but the worry of the world and the lure of riches choke the word and so it produces nothing.
23 And the seed sown in rich soil is someone who hears the word and understands it; this is the one who yields a harvest and produces now a hundredfold, now sixty, now thirty.
Today in church as I sat with Jean Paul on my lap I almost started crying.  The Gospel really made me think about my relationship with God.  It was all about knowing what type of seed you are.  I honestly was not proud with what I was learning about myself.  I feel like I have been all types of seeds.  And I'm embarrassed to admit that I am guilty of being closer to God in the times of need.  That is not OK.  Yes I feel that he gives us times of need/hardships to draw us back to him, but after all that I have endured and witnessed I do not want to be that type of Christian.  Almost like a go with the flow type of seed.  I want to be constant in my relationship with God.  I can not forget where I was only 5 short years ago.  I was sitting there thinking "Does God think that I used him to get what I want and now I am moving on?"  At that moment I literally wanted to cry.  So today I am praying for anyone and everyone that feels this way.  Somehow even though I know God forgives us always, it is still a lonely spot to be in.  I have never stopped praying or stopped worshiping, but I have been slacking.  There is no reason I should ever feel that life has gotten to busy for God.  Because truthfully the only reason my life is full of life is because of him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment