Tuesday, September 5, 2017

We Need Sleep



Well I will go ahead and apologize right now if you have seen me in the last 2 weeks.  I know I look beyond horrifying.  The lack of sleep is finally catching up with me.  Someone please explain how these to adorable faces can look like this with little to no sleep.  They literally turn those sweet smiles on every morning like nothing is wrong.  UMMMM hello you little people do you not have any recollection of not allowing us to enjoy any sleep last night.   Please for the love of God someone help us over here.  I am trying so hard to be as patient and understanding as I can.  But when you combine a tired Mommy and a Mommy on a new diet for the last month.... well it is not that pretty!!!!  It seems that if they aren't both up then they strategically plan to take turns.  For instance, last week Jean Paul was the King of no sleep in our house.  It was heartbreaking because he was breaking out one of his teeth even to the point of bleeding.  But thankfully Leighton was rocking the sleep for the most part last week (give or take a few nights).  Well fast forward to this week and Jean Paul is finally getting back to all nighters, butttttt Leighton decided to step up the game on us.  She goes to bed on her own it just doesn't last all night or honestly even half the night.  She wakes and comes into our room wanting to sleep with us usually starting around 12:30 AM.  We do the walk her back to her bed etc.  And as wrong as it is by the third time last night it was around 2:00 AM and I caved and laid with her in her bed.  I needed us to at least get some sleep.  Next thing I knew I woke up in a panic cause there is no clock in her room so I didn't know if I was already running late.  As I made my way through the living room I noticed it was only 4:30 AM PHEW.  So of course the calculating of how much sleep I have actually left starts happening as I crawl into bed, next to a snoring husband.  Why does that infuriate me more than losing sleep I will never know but it does LOL.  I don't want it to but it never fails it does.  Within 30 minutes I hear the scooting of little feet across the floor in the living room and then into the kitchen and slowly into our room.  And the process begins again and repeats over and over again.  How does she even know I left. I slept with her for most of the night, but I'll be damn she knows the second I leave.  Even when she was knocked out cold in a deep sleep.  So if you at all feel where I am coming from please say a prayer that a small sleep miracle happens in Scott, LA tonight.  Because if it doesn't I honestly can not be held accountable for my looks or my actions tomorrow.

PS.  All stay in your bed sleep tricks are greatly appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment