Thursday, October 12, 2017

Missing Her

My beautiful Aunt who I envision holding Braxton just this way in Heaven for me!
Today I got to volunteer for Maddie's Footprints as the prepare for their annual walk this weekend.  This foundation is means more to my family than we can ever explain.  As I was helping I glanced at all the Team names listed on the packets.  My how our small group of Angel Moms has grown.  It makes my heart so happy to see all of these amazing families that have gotten help through Maddie's Footprints.  It also makes me sad knowing that bigger means more support but also means more babies gone to soon.  Knowing they all are hurting they way we do is crushing.  But Saturday is a day we all get to be together and honor our babies proudly.  And that alone makes the day very special.  When I got home today I started looking through pictures of our Team Braxton Michael through the years.  We have been so blessed to always have so much support and love standing with us each year.  Even when family and friends can't make the walk they always send texts or pics showing they are supporting us no matter where they are!  This picture hit me pretty hard while flipping through the memories today.  This is my Aunt Christine who is flying high with my sweet Braxton in heaven now.  She loved him so much and his journey changed her in many ways, it also brought her and I closer than we had ever been before too.  As hard as it is to see her in her Team Braxton shirt and know she is not here with us anymore it also makes me laugh.  Our first year at the walk she was set on the fact that she was going to win the whole entire race.  She would not let anybody tell her different either.  Well that did not happen due to the fact that there were tons of people running.  She was more than devastated she was literally mad about it.  We heard if forever LOL.  It was the funniest thing!  After the race she continued doing local races in Baton Rouge and nearby places, but from then on she dedicated every run to Braxton.  She logged every mile she ran even if it was just for leisure activity and every race she wore his shirt.  Then on his first birthday she gave me a log of all of the miles she had written down running for him.  It was the most unique thing I had ever heard of.  And now more than ever it means so much to me.  So Saturday I will have to look up and smile remembering how she swore she would win the race, but I will not be able to tell her I will win for her LOL.  You can guarantee I will be walking with her on my mind as well as Braxton though! 
LOVE YOU AUNT TEEN!  HOLD MY SWEET BOY TIGHT FOR ME TILL I CAN BE WITH YA'LL AGAIN ONE DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment