Tuesday, October 24, 2017

You've Got A Friend In Me

There are some days you just need a break from the normal routine.  There are even some days I for some reason can not go home.  I don't like to be alone sometimes.  With my stress and anxiety lately I have been wanting more and more to just be at my moms.  Especially on the afternoons I know Brent will be working later than his even usual late nights.  For some reason there is still something calming or soothing about being around my parents.  It's no secret my family is my safe place, but there are times I need them more than they know.  Those are the days that I am beyond happy to finally be where I am in my journey, but I still feel incomplete and broken.  I know they know how to read those days without even asking so it helps to always have an open invitation whenever needed.  So over to Maw Maw's and Pepa's house we went.  Well we decided on the way to invite our friend Lucy and Aunt Abby.  Our schedules usually are so busy it isn't easy to meet up.  The stars were aligned this time and we all got to be together.  I will always think the sound of little giggles and laughter is medicine for the soul and healing power for a broken heart.  And oh did we have some fun.  Dance party, snack time, toy time and even gave Lucy her first set of Piggie Tails for a hair do!!!  I can not imagine doing life with my kids without sweet Lucy and her parents Abby and Jared.  I can still remember the day we found out we were going to have our babies within 2 weeks of each other.  We had to be on speaker so Abby wouldn't tell me before Jared could tell Brent!  I don't think I could scream any louder while crying like a baby at the same time because I was so excited!!!  I remember praying constantly for God to protect our babies so they could be born helathy and have the opportunity to be instant friends.  And like typical friendships there is an alpha and a beta.  Lucy still loves to pet Jean Paul with a big giddy smile on her face while Jean Paul stares at her with that what are you doing face.  Which by the way is soooooooo his daddy's personality and face daily lol!!!  Lucy also loves to cover him in kisses with him responding with "Ouch!"  And as his little hand tries to wipe it off we tell him he is only rubbing it in even more to torture him!!  I honestly can't wait till the day we get to show them these pictures of them through the years.  Because if they are blessed with even half of the friendship I have been blessed to have had for years with Abby there is no way they can ever feel alone in life!!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment