Wednesday, November 1, 2017

All Saints Day

Every year on All Saints' Day Maw Maw goes to the blessing of the graves for her sweet lil man.  I go every year I can depending on work, but Maw Maw has never missed a year.  She has promised me that for as long as she is capable she will be there every year to honor our own special Saint Braxton Michael Bergeron.  It hurts so bad when I am unable to attend, but I do know that this is a very special day for Braxton and Maw Maw and sometimes it is just reserved for them.  And even though it stormed all day long Maw Maw kept her promise to Braxton and was there to be with him for the blessing of the graves at the cemetery today.... umbrella and all!  


All Saints' Day is a solemn holy day of the Catholic Church celebrated annually on November 1.  The day is dedicated to the saints of the Church, that is, all those who have attained heaven. 

Brent and I always agreed that we would include a Saints' name as the middle name for every child we were blessed with.  It was something that was very important for us to do for them as we raise them in the Catholic Church.  Not only do all three of our kids have Saint's names in them, they also are names that are very meaningful to us through our family history as well.  I  know they will carry these special names proudly all their lives and the day the enter heaven be honored to have them still.

Braxton Michael Bergeron



Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeding the win of souls.


Leighton Rose Bergeron


A Prayer for St. Rose,
Help me to remember what is really important:
that I am Your child
You are my Father
You love me for who I am and how I live
not what I look like or what I own.
Let me praise You who sees into my heart,
Who is always with me
and Who eases my suffering.


Jean Paul Vincent Bergeron

Prayer to Saint Vincent De Paul,
beloved servant of the poor,
may we follow your example and do good works
among those whom society has abandoned,
enslaved, or forgotten.
Inspire us to feed the hungry,
to love a child,
to provide comfort and medicine to the sick,
to clothe those whose garments are threadbare,
and to offer hope and our Lord's words
to all who need respite.
Pray for us to our beloved God
that we may commit ourselves selflessly 
to doing the same charitable acts
that you did all your life,
and intercede with him
that we may have the favor of his guidance
and strength and love upon
the important and meaningful work.

No comments:

Post a Comment